Don’t sacrifice this beautiful weather by planning indoor activities, go outside with upcoming Buffalo summer concert series!
If you’ve lived in Buffalo for at least a year, especially this past one, you know what the winters are like. Even for the snow boarding, skiing, and snow mobile enthusiasts, the constant falling snow, cloudy days, and ever present chill in the air can be tough. Thankfully the City of Buffalo and all her awesome citizens make it up with the best summer experiences in outdoor concert form!
Certainly you’ve heard of the Canalside Concert Series, the ArtPark Concert Series, and the Outer Harbor Concerts. These venues make for beautiful backdrops to some of the best names in music you’ll find. There’s always plenty of beer, plenty of food, and maybe you might want to grab a taxi, trolley, or train, because there’s not plenty of parking. But congested streets have never once ruined my good time, and as long as you don’t let it, it won’t ruin yours either!
Canalside Concerts Free Thursdays (6 p.m. to 10 p.m.):
- June 19th – moe. with Conehead Buddha
- June 26th – Sam Roberts Band
- July 3rd – Gord Downie, The Sadies, & The Conquering Sun with Hey Rosetta! and Boy & Bear
- July 10th – Fitz and the Tantrums with The Albrights
- July 17th – Lake Street Drive with the Oh Hellos
- July 24th – Extreme
- July 31st – Sheila E
- Aug 7th – Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Rock Show: Earth, Wind, & Fire and Michael Jackson
- [UPDATED 6/26/14] Aug 14th – Moby
After the Buffalo summer concerts you can wrap up your evening with a night cap or dinner in the Cobblestone District which is totally within walking distance, and chances are it’s the neighborhood where you parked your car anyway. Might as well stop in, right? Right!
- June 25th 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. – Ziggy Marley and Steel Pulse
- July 1st 6:30 p.m. to 10 p. m. – Blue Rodeo with special guests 54-40
- Jul 2nd 5:30 to 10 pm – O.A.R. Phillip Phillips
- July 8th 6:30 to 10 pm – Boston
- Jul 9th 6:30 to 10 pm – Sublime with Rome with special guests RDGLDGRN
- Jul 15th 6:30 to 10 pm – Megadeth
- Jul 16th 6:30 to 10 pm – Sara Bareilles
- July 22nd 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. – Aretha Franklin
- Jul 23rd 6:30 to 10 pm – 3 Doors Down
- Jul 29th 6:30 to 10:30 pm – Sammy Hagar with special guest Maria Aurigema
- Aug 5th 6:30 to 10:30 pm – Heart with special guest Brynn Marie
- Aug 12th 6:30 to 10 pm – Gregg Allman with special guests Little Mountain Band
- Aug 19th 6:30 to 10 pm – Styx
- Aug 26th 6:30 to 10 pm – Michael McDonald + Toto
Wait for traffic to thin out by having a post-concert drink or late night snack at one of these great Lewiston Restaurants. Some of my friends are fans of Brickyard Pub & BBQ, and I’ve eaten at Brio Pizzeria & Restaurant which was quite tasty.
- July 11th 6 p.m. to 11 pm – CITY AND COLOUR w/ Young The Giant, Tokyo Police Club, and CLEAR PLASTIC MASKS
- [UPDATED 6/26/14] August 10th 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. – Edge Fest 2014 featuring WEEZER and BRAND NEW
These are just a few of the awesome music events going on in the Buffalo Summer Concert series, and more will be added as bands continue to be booked at these locations.
Which outdoor concerts are you looking forward to the most? Tell us about it on our Vegetarian Buffalo Facebook page!