Sometimes you just need bread, cheese and scrambled eggs all mixed together
So that’s what we have to offer you here!
This recipe is so versatile because it can be as simple or as elegant as you want it. You can make this dish for 1 picky eater or a family of four looking to get healthier. Sometimes my husband and I make this as it’s written (doubled for 2 people, tripled for 2 hungry people), or sometimes we’ll add chopped fresh tomatoes, fresh baby spinach, vegan bac’uns or broccoli florets to freshen it up. Seasonings can be added either fresh or dried. See? Versatile.
Let’s get to the basic recipe. Try it out, then tell us your favorite alterations!
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Get Cooking:
- In a skillet, melt the butter on a medium-low heat.
- While the butter is melting, slice the bread into small cubes, about the size of croutons. Toss into the melted butter and toss, covering and toasting the croutons.
- Once toasted, pour the whisked egg over the croutons and working quickly with a plastic spatula, coast and cook the eggs until cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Top with cheese and season to taste.
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe!