Love peanut sauce? We do too, and boy do we have the perfect vegan Asian Fusion Peanut Sauce to bring to your kitchen!
As a vegetarian in recent years, and an Asian food enthusiast way before that, I’ve learned that keeping Asian food products on hand is just a necessity. For a list of Asian staples I keep in the pantry at all times, you can check out this post, Vegetarian Staples: Asian Flare.
My husband is a huge fan of peanut sauce, but usually the stuff we find in the store, while delicious, tends to be more spicy as opposed to peanuty. And frankly, I enjoy that creamy peanut taste and I only need a little bit of spicy to accentuate the olfactory senses in the back of my nose.
And so my husband whipped up this incredible Asian Fusion Peanut Sauce. It’s not too spicy and has hints of flavors spanning the entirety of Asia, which actually makes this sauce incredibly flexible. It can be served with Korean food, Indian food, or Thai food, which ever way your entree leans, this sauce makes an incredible addition for veggies, noodles, or even seafood. You’re going to love it!
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup Wegmans Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I used Bragg’s)
- 1/2 Tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 tsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 tsp or to taste Red Tandoori Seasoning (Ethnic seasonings can be tricky, so if you can’t find this brand in your grocery store, here’s the Amazon link: Urban Accents Punjab Red Tandoori Spice Blend; it’ll last you and it’s an excellent blend! It’ll make all the difference in your seasoning)
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Combine all ingredients in order in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir until combined and the fusion peanut sauce begins to steam. Allow to simmer.
This creamy, delicious, and flavorful peanut sauce is going to make you so happy! While it goes with everything, my husband and I particularly like it with fresh veggies lightly blanched with some well cooked ramen noodles.